Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is a form of repayment or debt consolidation where a person can repay some of their debt, while discharging other debt.
What will Chapter 13 do for me?
- Chapter 13 stops repossession of your automobile and can allow you to adjust the terms of payment so that you can get back on track with your payments.
- Chapter 13 can stop foreclosure and allow you to keep your home if you fell behind on payments.
- Chapter 13 can help you reinstate your suspended driver’s license.
- Stop creditor harassment and collections.
- Lower your tax liability
- Help you pay back your creditors at a fixed rate based on what you can afford.
When you file a Chapter 13 your assets are protected, and they are not subject to liquidation by the bankruptcy trustee.
Filing a Chapter 13 will automatically stay any collection activity against you and allow you to get a fresh start.
Contact Mr. Olstein today and we can determine if you qualify for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, and provide fast and affordable legal advice so that you can protect your most important assets.